Executive Vice President , Global Business Unit Special Chemicals
Member of the Global Leadership Team, Retired end of 2015
My experience within the Chemical Industry stretches from the early 80s until my retirement, in excess of 30 years.
It includes expatriations to the U.S. and to South Korea, where I stayed from 2011-2013 to help building up the Business Unit‘s new headquarter and to grow our Asian business.
I have worked mainly in Marketing Leadership functions as well as in Strategy formulation and implementation and here mainly with respect to fluorinated specialty products.
In addition to my operative responsibilities in Marketing I have lately lead various M&A projects , like e.g.
- acquisition of a producer of Aluminium brazing fluxes with 35 employees and post acquisition integration into Solvay(2014)
- divestiture of the refrigerant Business of Solvay to a renowned Japanese firm, which continues the operations at the same site in Frankfurt(2015)
- Integrate a North American producer of Hydrofluoric Acid and Inorganic Fluorides into
Solvay´s Marketing Organisation. (2001)
- Commercial Excellence project, improve significantly the profitability of the Marketing and Sales Teams of the GBU worldwide ( 2014/15)
- Complete majority shareholding for Solvay of a Chinese JV and manage subsequent technology transfers to that JV(2013/14)
Plus I have been in charge of various European and Asian legal entities of the GBU, either as Managing Director, President or head of the Supervisory Board .
I have always enjoyed to work in multifunctional teams and in an international context. My profound experience will help you to succeed in similar projects in future.